The safety of our staff, customers and anyone who works with our equipment is of primary importance to us.
We are proud of our excellent health and safety record. Where the health and safety of our staff, customers and any other person who may be affected by our actions is concerned we know that risks can not be taken.
All of Hawes Plant & Tool Hire Ltd and Hawes Skip Hire Ltd drivers and plant operators are trained to meet the companies minimum standard, which includes at a minimum all of the training required by law to operate any of our machinery or vehicles.
We are members of the CPA (Construction Plant Hire Association) and HAE (Hire Association Europe Ltd) both of these associations strive to increase the level of health and safety within the construction and hire industries. As a member of both we pro-actively seek to improve upon our excellent health and safety record.
All equipment is maintained to the highest level, with internal maintenance and safety checks carried out between each hire. External safety inspections are carried out at regular intervals on all diggers/excavators, forklifts, HIABs, lorries, powered access equipment and lifting equipment including skip lorry chains.
Because your safety is so important to us we:
- Maintain equipment to the highest level
- Provide a wide range of safety equipment in our Hire Shop
- Provide expert advice on the best tool for each task
- Provide a demonstration on unfamiliar equipment
- Are members of the Construction Plant Hire Association and Hire Association Europe Ltd
- Have external safety inspections carried out on our vehicles and hire equipment
- Carry out risk assessments on all activities and train staff on safer working practices
- Continue to improve our health and safety policies